• An approved lifejacket is required for all persons on board a boat. Each person must have a device of the appropriate size available to be worn. (Special attention should be paid to the GOOD FIT of infant, children and youth devices).
• All materials, attachments, straps, buckles, zippers, handles, etc., must be serviceable and free from damage, fading or wear that could affect the function of the device.
• Some devices must be worn in order to be considered approved for carriage requirements.
• Properly worn means with all buckles and/or zippers engaged and adjusted for good fit.
• Inflatables must be properly armed with full gas canister and inflator mechanism in good condition. Status indicator (when supplied) should be visible on the front of the device.